+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Silver Spoon by Arakawa Hiromu (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Default Re: Silver Spoon by Arakawa Hiromu (Fullmetal Alchemist)

I will really miss this series once it ends, maybe I will reread it as soon as it does, it´s just too great.

Arakawa´s faces are really hilarious, but my favorite part was the teacher saying that they were just going from slaves to corporative slaves, poor guys.

It's prolly not going to wrap up that soon I guess? Otherwise there would've been no need for another hiatus. I do wonder how many more chapters Arakawa can produce without taking the story into a whole new direction.

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

There shouldn't be much of a new direction to take, since it's been known for a long time that Arakawa planned to have a major focus on the freshman year and then skip to graduation and basically epilogue time. It's just that we've been in epilogue mode for quite some time now. This almost felt like a series ending chapter until the last few pages. Honestly, I want it to end just because it seems there is nowhere else for it to go. But at the same time, every time a new batch of chapters comes out, I just have a big smile/laugh while I read each chapter. I'm conflicted. I just wished the author decided it's finally time to wrap up once and for all and dedicated half a year of her life to complete this work. I know she had big problems that took precedence over this, but right now I think it's more due to her also drawing Arslan Senki? (which is absolutely awesome too, but please, finish this one first!)

I know her plan, but I would love to see the continuing story of college and Hachiken's business.

Holstein Trio were second-years when they were first introduced, right? I kinda wish to see them again.

May just be Arakawa likes her characters and isn't ready to be done with them completely. She's told the main story and it was great, but rather than do one of those grand finales followed by 8000 side-stories (the Rowling method) why not just add bits to the ending as she feels like it.

Does really screw with my plan of waiting 'til it's completely done to get back into it, though.

Maybe someone has already said it, but Izumi and Sig Curtis from FMA had actually had a son, I believe it would have ended up looking like Kazumasa (Yugo's dad). This thought has amused me all weekend.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

it's back for 4 chapters only but those are the last ones !

https://twitter.com/Wsstalkback/stat...745283074?s=19

As a veterinarian myself, it really pains me seeing how hard Aikawa struggles with everything.

I guess he would be my favourite character if Nishikawa didn't existed.

Do you have that much cow goodies in your room too ?:-)

College is no easy road.

While it feels right for the manga to conclude in three chapters, it still pains me to see such a merry and feel-good story end. And it's also one of those manga that actually got an equally entertaining anime.

I know that Arakawa is (or was?) doing another I think monthly manga (that also had an anime adaption) but I really hope that she'll pick up some other weekly story and continue working. After FMA, Silver Spoon is definitely another one of her works I greatly enjoyed.

OMG. Is this actually true? It is finally ending. After all this time... I don't even know if it feels right or wrong. But it's been due for a long time. I'm going to miss it badly. Although I've already been missing it for such a long time. Props to Arakawa. Definitely my favorite mangaka alongside Oda.

Does anyone know if the last 3 chapters have been translated already? 129 and 130 show up in mandarin(?) in Manga Dex, but I can't find any english translation. Plus, the last chapter should be out by now.

it's sense-scan which have done all chapters so far but there is no Silver Spoon on their site. They probably do not have raw available.

Thank you very much, Kdom. Only 2 chapters left to be uploaded!

Damn Komaba. How many chapters has it been?

That damn baseball game.

Poor Hachiken, life is never easy.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information