+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 150 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2987

Thread: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

Default Re: Vivre Card: One Piece Visual Dictionary

King is 47 years old, 613 cm, grand line.
    Queen is 56 years old, 612 cm, grand line.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    Kaido is 59 years old, 710 cm and born in the grand line.
    Yamato is "Woman" and born place is "not clear".
    All Flying Six have CoA and CoO.
    Fortunately, we've seen all of them making good use of their Haki!
    Jokes aside, thanks for the very interesting info. It's still weird though how Oda revealed Queen's but not King's bounty in the series itself, especially considering it's almost the same.

I'm still arguing that Yamato is biologically female and just chooses to go by male denominators like son and male pronouns to be closer to Oden, all without being trans. If some people can choose a different pronoun to go by there's no reason to gatekeep it or to make it tied exclusively to trans labels.

With that, these would have to be the highest revealed bounties so far:

Gol D. Roger - ฿5,564,800,000 - Captain; Pirate King
    Edward Newgate - ฿5,046,000,000 - Captain; Emperor
    Kaido - ฿4,611,100,000 - Governor-General; Emperor
    Charlotte Linlin - ฿4,388,000,000 - Captain; Emperor
    Shanks - ฿4,048,900,000 - Chief; Emperor
    Marshall D. Teach - ฿2,247,600,000 - Commodore; Emperor; Warlord
    Monkey D. Luffy - ฿1,500,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    King - ฿1,390,000,000 - All-Star
    Marco - ฿1,374,000,000 - Commander
    Queen - ฿1,320,000,000 - All-Star
    Charlotte Katakuri - ฿1,057,000,000 - Commander
    Jack - ฿1,000,000,000 - All-Star; Captain
    Charlotte Smoothie - ฿932,000,000 - Commander
    Charlotte Cracker - ฿860,000,000 - Commander
    Charlotte Perospero - ฿700,000,000 - Officer
    Sabo - ฿602,000,000 - Chief of Staff
    Charlotte Snack - ฿600,000,000 - Commander
    Little Oars Jr. - ฿550,000,000 - Captain
    Portgas D. Ace - ฿550,000,000 - Captain; Commander; Super Rookie
    Who's-Who - ฿546,000,000 - Captain; Flying Six
    Chinjao - ฿542,000,000 - Commodore
    Izou - ฿510,000,000 - Commander
    Trafalgar D. Water Law - ฿500,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie; Warlord
    Black Maria - ฿480,000,000 - Flying Six
    Edward Weevil - ฿480,000,000 (frozen) - Warlord
    Sasaki - ฿472,000,000 - Captain; Flying Six
    Eustass Kid - ฿470,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    Belo Betty - ฿457,000,000 - Commander
    Jinbe - ฿438,000,000 - Captain; Warlord
    Tamago - ฿429,000,000 - Knight-ranked Combatant
    Karasu - ฿400,000,000 - Commander
    Ulti - ฿400,000,000 - Flying Six
    Pedro - ฿382,000,000 - Captain
    Capone Bege - ฿350,000,000 - Captain; Rook-ranked Combatant; Super Rookie
    Scratchmen Apoo - ฿350,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    Donquixote Doflamingo - ฿340,000,000 (frozen) - Captain; Warlord
    Cavendish - ฿330,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    Pekoms - ฿330,000,000 - ? Combatant
    Vinsmoke Sanji - ฿330,000,000 - ?
    Basil Hawkins - ฿320,000,000 - Captain; Headliner; Super Rookie
    Gecko Moria - ฿320,000,000 (frozen) - Captain; Warlord
    Roronoa Zoro - ฿320,000,000 - ? Combatant; Super Rookie
    Lindbergh - ฿316,000,000 - Commander
    Caesar Clown - ฿300,000,000 - ?
    Charlotte Daifuku - ฿300,000,000 - Officer
    Charlotte Oven - ฿300,000,000 - Officer
    Bartholomew Kuma - ฿296,000,000 (frozen) - Officer; Warlord
    Morley - ฿293,000,000 - Commander
    Page One - ฿290,000,000 - Flying Six
    Last edited by electricmastro; September 1st, 2021 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Okay, it's clear by now that both Oda and his editorial staff see Yamato as a woman. That the name of Oden and the masculinity and the masculinity that comes with it are a role that is adopted, separate from being Yamato, without overwriting or contradicting that core self. You would call a cross-playing actor by their character's name and pronouns while they're keeping up the kayfabe but, but it would be presumptuous to say they the actor's own gender is changed by the part.

At least, that's the impression I get from the handling of the issue so far.

In that case, what I want to know is how and why Kaido, of all people, ended up accepting Yamato's acting to the point of introducing him as a son and having all his crew use the terms. How long has Yamato been in-character as Oden for it to sink in that deep? When was the last time he took the costume off before he met Luffy? Why would he introduce himself as "Kaido's son" if the role of Oden is separate from the personhood of Yamato? It would be really disappointing to have all these things swept under the rug as "just a way to build up the surprise."

Right now, no matter what your personal interpretation of the character is, there are clear contradictions between how Yamato is treated by staff and by other characters. I just want to learn the things that have the story make sense, you know?
    Wano is a Kabuki Play in... four? five? three? ... acts. The impression I have always had is that Yamato is playing the role of Oden. She even first stepped on stage wearing a Hanya mask. The Straw Hats have been using lazy pseudonyms to fit in with the citizens of Wano. Not to mention Kanjuro, Big Mom's personality split, Momo's struggle to inherit his father's legacy, Hiyori as Komurasaki, Denjiro hiding not one, but two secret identities, performance and theatricality have been recurrent motifs throughout the entire story arc.

I very much agree with your assessment of that aspect of Yamato's character.

As for the Kaido part, I think he probably just wants a son for selfish reasons. He respects nothing else about Yamato's desires or wishes, so I never would have considered him respecting gender pronouns. I think the rest of the Beast Pirates just do what Kaido says / wants.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Okay, it's clear by now that both Oda and his editorial staff see Yamato as a woman. That the name of Oden and the masculinity and the masculinity that comes with it are a role that is adopted, separate from being Yamato, without overwriting or contradicting that core self. You would call a cross-playing actor by their character's name and pronouns while they're keeping up the kayfabe but, but it would be presumptuous to say they the actor's own gender is changed by the part.

At least, that's the impression I get from the handling of the issue so far.

In that case, what I want to know is how and why Kaido, of all people, ended up accepting Yamato's acting to the point of introducing him as a son and having all his crew use the terms. How long has Yamato been in-character as Oden for it to sink in that deep? When was the last time he took the costume off before he met Luffy? Why would he introduce himself as "Kaido's son" if the role of Oden is separate from the personhood of Yamato? It would be really disappointing to have all these things swept under the rug as "just a way to build up the surprise."

Right now, no matter what your personal interpretation of the character is, there are clear contradictions between how Yamato is treated by staff and by other characters. I just want to learn the things that have the story make sense, you know?
    I always saw Yamato being pretty distinct from characters like Kiku, so Yamato simply being referred to as female in her Vivre Card doesn't surprise me.

Queen is the same age as Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Queen is the same age as Judge.
    Queen also looked the same as he does now when he was 36, except for his shorter mustache.

Quote Originally Posted by bro_kempot View Post
    X drake still same?
    Drake’s card is in another booster pack, which hasn’t been leaked yet, as of now.

So we’ll have to wait a bit more, I guess.

So "Yamato is Kaido's clone" lives on.

Also, Kaido is 59? Same age as Oden then. 21 years old for GV Incident. He was 31 when Yamato was born.
    Kaido was also at Wano at least 25 years ago, so perhaps Kaido was indeed somewhere else 28 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer View Post
    King is 47 years old, 613 cm, grand line.
    Queen is 56 years old, 612 cm, grand line.
    In worst generation

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchInformer, post: 1831717, member: 55
    Interesting that Black Maria born in Wano Country.

WsW from North Blue.

BM was born 1 year after Oden left with WB. Mow I have to search the flashback just in case BM was planted in there like Yamato. Especially the reactions to Oden's dancing (4 years old as it starts). People were sold on the narrative and kids would throw stuff at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    Wano is a Kabuki Play in... four? five? three? ... acts. The impression I have always had is that Yamato is playing the role of Oden. She even first stepped on stage wearing a Hanya mask. The Straw Hats have been using lazy pseudonyms to fit in with the citizens of Wano. Not to mention Kanjuro, Big Mom's personality split, Momo's struggle to inherit his father's legacy, Hiyori as Komurasaki, Denjiro hiding not one, but two secret identities, performance and theatricality have been recurrent motifs throughout the entire story arc.

I very much agree with your assessment of that aspect of Yamato's character.

As for the Kaido part, I think he probably just wants a son for selfish reasons. He respects nothing else about Yamato's desires or wishes, so I never would have considered him respecting gender pronouns. I think the rest of the Beast Pirates just do what Kaido says / wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I always saw Yamato being pretty distinct from characters like Kiku, so Yamato simply being referred to as female in her Vivre Card doesn't surprise me.
    And to be clear, I very much think Oda dropped the ball in how he handled it. Am I a little disappointed by the apparent final answer? Yeah, several people close to me are trans-masc and representation is bloody hard to come by for them. But it's also fine if Oda doesn't want Yamato to be a trans/gender non-conforming character and never wrote him that way - I just think it shouldn't haven take this long for enough info to dribble out to put the writing on the wall about it. Especially with so many contradictions remaining with how they introduced themself and they're treated in-universe. It feels so messy still. Someone must have sent a letter asking about it. An SBS as far back as volume 98 was almost definitely feasible and could have gone a long way to clearing the waters.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Yamato was always a female. Being labeled woman is the deciding factor. Its two different things.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Oars is slightly taller than Hatcha. Most of the other Giants are shorter than Hatcha of course. Oars Jr is 60 m to Hatcha's 66 m.

Yeti Cool Bros - 42.5 m
    Dory - 22.6 m
    Hajrudin - 22 m
    Brogy - 21.3 m
    Saul - 19.5 m
    Gerd - 17 m
    Morley - 12.5 m

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Also, Kaido is 59? Same age as Oden then. 21 years old for GV Incident. He was 31 when Yamato was born.
    Kaido was born the same year as Oden and Yamato was born the same year as Momonosuke. Neat little parallel.

Spoiler:

And to be clear, I very much think Oda dropped the ball in how he handled it. Am I a little disappointed by the apparent final answer? Yeah, several people close to me are trans-masc and representation is bloody hard to come by for them. But it's also fine if Oda doesn't want Yamato to be a trans/gender non-conforming character and never wrote him that way - I just think it shouldn't haven take this long for enough info to dribble out to put the writing on the wall about it. Especially with so many contradictions remaining with how they introduced themself and they're treated in-universe. It feels so messy still. Someone must have sent a letter asking about it. An SBS as far back as volume 98 was almost definitely feasible and could have gone a long way to clearing the waters.
    I mean, it's not like it's Oda's responsibility and obligation to create characters that are representative walking mirrors for real life people so as help them feel better about themselves, not to say that that wouldn't be a nice gesture, but also that it would probably be for the best if Oda wasn't seen as someone who owes others something and that they're entitled to be catered by him, which unfortunately is how I've seen the characters of Kiku and Yamato being treated as.

And in regards to your close ones who are trans, although I don't know them, and although I'm probably not the same as them, and although I don't know how much they're seeking out characters who resemble them as closely as possible for comfort or other reasons, I still feel compelled to say at the very least that I hope that your close ones aren't just relying on manga authors like Oda and the characters he creates in order to give them the possibility of happiness and such. I think I recall previous people attempt to revolve the lives like that and it usually didn't end well, so I hope you and your close ones take care while we keep enjoying the series!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Oars is slightly taller than Hatcha. Most of the other Giants are shorter than Hatcha of course. Oars Jr is 60 m to Hatcha's 66 m.

Yeti Cool Bros - 42.5 m
    Dory - 22.6 m
    Hajrudin - 22 m
    Brogy - 21.3 m
    Saul - 19.5 m
    Gerd - 17 m
    Morley - 12.5 m
    So, the Numbers are actually the size of Ancient Giants, then?

I can certainly empathize with people who want representation. I suppose it's a bit different in that, I never got the impression that was the angle Oda was going for with Yamato, so I wasn't surprised. I would have been fine if he had, like with Kiku, but just never read that intention into Yamato.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

With that, these would have to be the highest revealed bounties so far:

Gol D. Roger - ฿5,564,800,000 - Captain; Pirate King
    Edward Newgate - ฿5,046,000,000 - Captain; Emperor
    Kaido - ฿4,611,100,000 - Governor-General; Emperor
    Charlotte Linlin - ฿4,388,000,000 - Captain; Emperor
    Shanks - ฿4,048,900,000 - Chief; Emperor
    Marshall D. Teach - ฿2,247,600,000 - Commodore; Emperor; Warlord
    Monkey D. Luffy - ฿1,500,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    King - ฿1,390,000,000 - All-Star
    Marco - ฿1,374,000,000 - Commander
    Queen - ฿1,320,000,000 - All-Star
    Charlotte Katakuri - ฿1,057,000,000 - Commander
    Jack - ฿1,000,000,000 - All-Star; Captain
    Charlotte Smoothie - ฿932,000,000 - Commander
    Charlotte Cracker - ฿860,000,000 - Commander
    Charlotte Perospero - ฿700,000,000 - Officer
    Sabo - ฿602,000,000 - Chief of Staff
    Charlotte Snack - ฿600,000,000 - Commander
    Little Oars Jr. - ฿550,000,000 - Captain
    Portgas D. Ace - ฿550,000,000 - Captain; Commander; Super Rookie
    Who's-Who - ฿546,000,000 - Captain; Flying Six
    Chinjao - ฿542,000,000 - Commodore
    Izou - ฿510,000,000 - Commander
    Trafalgar D. Water Law - ฿500,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie; Warlord
    Black Maria - ฿480,000,000 - Flying Six
    Edward Weevil - ฿480,000,000 (frozen) - Warlord
    Sasaki - ฿472,000,000 - Captain; Flying Six
    Eustass Kid - ฿470,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    Belo Betty - ฿457,000,000 - Commander
    Jinbe - ฿438,000,000 - Captain; Warlord
    Tamago - ฿429,000,000 - Knight-ranked Combatant
    Karasu - ฿400,000,000 - Commander
    Ulti - ฿400,000,000 - Flying Six
    Pedro - ฿382,000,000 - Captain
    Capone Bege - ฿350,000,000 - Captain; Rook-ranked Combatant; Super Rookie
    Scratchmen Apoo - ฿350,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    Donquixote Doflamingo - ฿340,000,000 (frozen) - Captain; Warlord
    Cavendish - ฿330,000,000 - Captain; Super Rookie
    Pekoms - ฿330,000,000 - ? Combatant
    Vinsmoke Sanji - ฿330,000,000 - ?
    Basil Hawkins - ฿320,000,000 - Captain; Headliner; Super Rookie
    Gecko Moria - ฿320,000,000 (frozen) - Captain; Warlord
    Roronoa Zoro - ฿320,000,000 - ? Combatant; Super Rookie
    Lindbergh - ฿316,000,000 - Commander
    Caesar Clown - ฿300,000,000 - ?
    Charlotte Daifuku - ฿300,000,000 - Officer
    Charlotte Oven - ฿300,000,000 - Officer
    Bartholomew Kuma - ฿296,000,000 (frozen) - Officer; Warlord
    Morley - ฿293,000,000 - Commander
    Page One - ฿290,000,000 - Flying Six
    I remember when the BM card pack came out people were saying Daifuku and Oven's bounties (300m) were too low. But now that we have the Tobiroppo to compare them to, it seems better scaled than before.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information